Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Da Streetz

Gang warfare has plagued Perth City for countless decades. Ever since i remember, my mother has told me to "Be home before dark" or "Don't walk the streets alone". Being a naive and curious youth i never quite understood what she meant. It was only when i hit my early teens i began to undersand. The evening news finally made sense, but a fragile being, i was still completely unready for the world of chaos i had been cast into so suddenly.

Many families have been torn apart, many properties have been destroyed and, most importantly, many "homies" have been "slayed". Perth isn't safe, and despite the police contributing they're best efforts, turf wars have still failed to subside. People are still beating, raping, stabbing and threatening eachother, some, so i've read have even progressed to the level of passing eachother mean notes during class...
Period 4:

The air was bitter and foul, the wind was crisp upon my face, and the stench of dried blood hung heavy in the air above us. I got up and closed the window, Sat down in my seat next to my supposed friends Whiteman and Yates. They were yet to find out about the menacing street gang I'd just started. I didn't think i'd tell them, didn't want to put their lives at risk, so they stared on, oblivious. I looked down at the worksheet i was about to fill out, when a small slip of paper in the top left hand corner of my desk caught my eye. My gang had countless enemies, so i glanced around cautiously before reading the note.


The first threat was simplistic, issued by the most primitive of the gangs.




"419 is watching you"




My gut wrenched in horror, as my eyes darted around the room, in search of the person who dared to threaten my awesome gang. More horror hit me when i realised who'd left the note. I stared into Whiteman's eyes, perplexed that my best friend, the one i trusted with my life, had just threatened to end it. I attempted to write a witty reply back to him, but turned in disbelief back to my desk, only to find another note lying upon it.





I reeled around to my right, to see Yates glaring at me menacingly. How could two of my best friends have started gangs behind my back? more importantly why were they threatening mine? I had no chance but to use my superior linguistic skills and unique knowledge of crime to fight back.





As the rest of the period progressed, more notes were passed between the desks that sat side by side in the back row. I must warn you, some of these images are quite distressing so it is advised you close your eyes



Yates = VPBZ



Stewman = Mad Kuntz/Hard Kuntz



Whiteman = 419






















I'll leave it up to you to decide who is the hardest out of Perth's 3 most vicious gangs.




(It's MADKUNTZ)








1 comment: